20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web - download pdf or read online
By Jamie Munro
There's no use to reinvent the wheel each time you run right into a challenge with ASP.NET's Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework. This concise cookbook offers recipes that will help you remedy projects many internet builders stumble upon on a daily basis. each one recipe comprises the C# code you would like, besides a whole case in point of ways to enforce the answer. study useful ideas for using consumer authentication, offering quicker web page reloads, validating person information, filtering seek effects, and plenty of different matters with regards to MVC3 development.
those recipes aid you:
* limit entry to perspectives with password safeguard
* enable clients to add and keep a dossier in your site
* enforce AJAX to permit clients to work out up-to-date content material fast
* Validate shape enter to make sure the knowledge you catch is what you are expecting
* Create thumbnails to preview photos instead of view them massive
* provide your net software the facility to alter languages
* Use CAPTCHA to avoid computerized courses from finishing types
* Make URLs extra person- and search-engine-friendly with the MapRoute functionality
Read Online or Download 20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development PDF
Similar web development books
Web website layout and improvement keeps to turn into extra refined. a major a part of this adulthood originates with well-laid-out and well-written content material. Ginny Redish is a world-renowned professional on info layout and the way to supply transparent writing in undeniable language for the internet. the entire necessary details that she shared within the first version is incorporated with various new examples. New info on content material procedure for sites, web optimization (SEO), and social media make this once more the single booklet you want to personal to optimize your writing for the web.
* New fabric on content material approach, SEO, and social media
* plenty of new and up-to-date examples
* extra emphasis on new like drugs, iPads, and iPhones
Even if you're attracted to opting for the proper paragraph format or typographic info, looking at the proper typographic etiquette or making the opposite small judgements that might dramatically effect how your site is perceived, many solutions will current themselves during this number of articles.
The recognition of relaxation in recent times has resulted in great development in almost-RESTful APIs that don't comprise a number of the architecture's advantages. With this sensible consultant, you'll study what it takes to layout usable relaxation APIs that evolve through the years.
By targeting options that pass a number of domain names, this e-book exhibits you ways to create strong and safe functions, utilizing the instruments designed for the world's so much winning dispensed computing approach: the realm large Web.
You'll discover the ideas in the back of leisure, study varied thoughts for developing hypermedia-based APIs, after which placed every little thing including a step by step advisor to designing a RESTful net API.
• learn API layout innovations, together with the gathering trend and natural hypermedia
• know the way hypermedia ties representations jointly right into a coherent API
• become aware of how XMDP and ALPS profile codecs may help meet the internet API "semantic challenge"
• study on the subject of two-dozen standardized hypermedia info formats
• observe top practices for utilizing HTTP in API implementations
• Create net APIs with the JSON-LD typical and different the associated info approaches
• comprehend the CoAP protocol for utilizing leisure in embedded platforms
Ever checked out a very good site and inspiration, 'How did they do this? '. you can now do it with entrance web page 2003, Microsoft's renowned site production and administration software. "FrontPage 2003 All-in-One table Reference For Dummies" lives as much as its identify! It comprises 9 minibooks that disguise all elements of FrontPage.
- Foundation XML and E4X for Flash and Flex
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium Digital Classroom
- Oracle ADF 11gR2 Development Beginner's Guide
- Jump Start HTML5
Additional info for 20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development
First, readers are likely to be at least slightly familiar with the examples. Second, it’s important to show that the user interface design of even the most finely honed products can be significantly improved with a Goal-Directed approach. We have included a few examples from more exotic applications as well, in places where they were particularly illustrative. A few examples in this new edition come from now moribund software or OS versions. These examples illustrate particular points that the authors felt were useful enough to retain in this edition.
To tame this complexity, we rely on a very systematic and rational approach. This doesn’t mean that we don’t also value and encourage inventiveness and creativity. On the contrary, we find that a methodical approach helps us clearly identify opportunities for revolutionary thinking, and provides a way of assessing the effectiveness of our ideas. According to Gestalt Theory, people perceive a thing not as a set of individual features and attributes but as a unified whole in a relationship with its surroundings.
Programmers would never ask users to help them code; design problems should be treated no differently. In addition, customers who purchase a product may not be the same people who use it from day to day, a subtle but important distinction. This doesn’t mean that designers shouldn’t be interested in getting feedback on their proposed solutions. However, each member of the product team should respect the others’ areas of expertise. Imagine a patient who visits his doctor with a horrible stomachache.
20 Recipes for Programming MVC 3: Faster, Smarter Web Development by Jamie Munro